Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

bp and pulse in ear
girldiva posted:
A couple of weeks ago I had HBP. It was really high. Then I started getting this loud pulse sound in my ear. So the doctor put me on beta-blockers and HBP medicine. The pulse sound went away.(I still hear it from time to time). I hear bad things about beta blockers. I was wondering why i got really depressed, Anxious. so, after all of this will the pulse sound in m ear go away?? And are beta-blockers ok to take?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi girldiva,

I'm sorry to hear about these concerns. First of all, here is a WebMD Overview on Tinnitus , which might give you a few ideas to why this pulse sound could be occurring. As for your medications and side effects. PLEASE do not discontinue your prescriptions. Speak with your doctor about your concerns, both what you have heard/read and what is going on at the present moment. He/she will be able to answer your questions the best knowing your situation and past medical history. I wish you the best of health in the future! Please keep us posted on how you are doing!
Best Wishes! Amelia

Helpful Tips

Top 17 Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
One of the leading causes of deaths, not only in America but worldwide, is heart complication. This may pertain to heart attack, ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center