Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Klor-con 20 vs otc potassium??
ladidi4 posted:
Can someone tell me the difference. I have HBP and am on lasix, klor-con20 and coreg40.

Can't I just use otc potassium instead of the klor-con?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi ladidi4,

Please speak with your doctor about your medication before trying to substitute the Klor-con with otc potassium.

Here is an Overview on Klor-Con M20 for you to read before speaking with your physician about your concerns. I wish you the best and hope that you keep us posted on your doctor's thoughts and how you are doing! Take care.
Best Wishes! Amelia

Irishking23 responded:
My Cardiologist put me on Lasix (twice daily) and Klor Con M20 in late October 2010. I then had cardac bypass surgery a couple of weeks later. I had breathing problems and also extensive itching all over my body after surgery. No one helped me figure out what was causing my symptoms. Just recently I decided to stop taking Klor Con M20 just to see what would happen and my intense itching stopped. Now I need to find a satisfactory replacement for the Klor Con M20 because I am obviously very allergic to it.

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 19 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center