Skip to content

Announcements

Home Blood Pressure Monitors: Tracking Made Easier

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

Klor-con 20 vs otc potassium??
ladidi4 posted:
Can someone tell me the difference. I have HBP and am on lasix, klor-con20 and coreg40.

Can't I just use otc potassium instead of the klor-con?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi ladidi4,

Please speak with your doctor about your medication before trying to substitute the Klor-con with otc potassium.

Here is an Overview on Klor-Con M20 for you to read before speaking with your physician about your concerns. I wish you the best and hope that you keep us posted on your doctor's thoughts and how you are doing! Take care.
Best Wishes! Amelia

Irishking23 responded:
My Cardiologist put me on Lasix (twice daily) and Klor Con M20 in late October 2010. I then had cardac bypass surgery a couple of weeks later. I had breathing problems and also extensive itching all over my body after surgery. No one helped me figure out what was causing my symptoms. Just recently I decided to stop taking Klor Con M20 just to see what would happen and my intense itching stopped. Now I need to find a satisfactory replacement for the Klor Con M20 because I am obviously very allergic to it.

Helpful Tips

White Coat BP tip
Everyone is different. I showed this. I quit drinking coffee on mornings when I go to the Dr. or when doing BP test. You can have coffee ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful