Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    impotence problems/hormone levels
    An_192072 posted:
    Can hypertension and cholestrol effect your sex drive and cause erection problems.I also would like to know can these problems prevent me from getting my wife pregnant.She is in perfect health and she is 38 years old.I am also 38 years old but I was diagnose with hypertension and high cholestrol.Can this effect my sperm count and hormone levels preventing me from getting my wife pregnant.
    Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi Anon_131526,

    Hypertension and/or hypertension medication can actually cause erectile dysfunction. According to WebMD Infertility and Men , "Erectile dysfunction can be caused by psychological problems such as anxiety, guilt, or low self-esteem. It is also caused by physical problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease."

    You might also be interested in reading the WebMD's HBP &ED for more information.

    Luckily, there are many treatments for erectile dysfunction , so I would highly suggest that you speak with your physician about this concern. Many men suffer from ED and you might also be interested in other member and expert insight in the WebMD Erectile Dysfunction Community . I wish you and your wife the best and hope that you are able to speak with your physician soon. Take care!
    Best Wishes! Amelia

    Helpful Tips

    Walk a Little
    Just taking a short walk can help your blood pressure. More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 2 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center