Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

High BP / Low cholesterol
peb7268 posted:
High im hoping someone can help to put me at ease more about my blood pressure. Since finding out my bp was a bit high I have been monitoring it throughout the day each day bordering on obsessively. To say that I have been extremely stressed about it is an understatement.

I am 27, non-smoker , In decent shape, not overweight, don't drink often, and my cholesterol is low.

I recently had a parent die and a lot of stressful stuff associated with that.

When I went to the doctor it was averaging 145/92. Sometimes it was a bit higher like 155/102 but not very often. He put me on linsopril with a diuretic in it.

Since then it has been doing better. It has been mostly like 125/82 and in the evening dipping down to 110/65. My pulse is relatively steady in the low to mid 70's range but since being on the linsopril/diuretic it has dipped to 57 and low 60's at night sometime.

All my blood tests came back good and my blood creatin levels are normal.

The doctor did say however that my blood plasma renin test came back high like 12.

Is it possible my ultra stressing and worrying about this just causing this?
Thank you for your input!! Read more at http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=829555&ktrack=kcplink

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi peb7268,

Stress and mourning can definitely cause high blood pressure as well as many other factors. I'm so sorry to hear about your family member passing and wish you the best. Try to take it easy and don't obsess over your bp readings because yes, this can change them. Here is the WebMD Hypertension Guide for information on the basics, causes and risks. Take care of yourself and please keep us posted. ((((((hugs)))))))
Best Wishes! Amelia

Helpful Tips

High Blood Pressure/Weight Loss
Lossing a significant amount of weight will help your blood pressure go down and possibly get you off of your medication. I know people who ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 12 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center