Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

Are there BP Meds That Do Not Cause Muscle Ache?
KaceyKohl posted:
Over the past seven months, I've experienced muscle ache in my feet and now radiating up to my hips, especially at night. The muscle ache started after taking Ramipril (ACE Inhibitor) and continued when my doctor switched me to Amlodipine (CCB). I stopped taking the Amlodipine for a day and the muscle ache was greatly reduced. I took one dose of 80mg Diovan (ARB) and the muscle ache was back along with a BP of 160/90.

Are there any BP meds that do no cause muscle ache?

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Here's a link to the WebMD Drugs & Medication Guide:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/index-drugs.aspx

You can find a wealth of information here including side effects!

Hope this helps -

Haylen

Ellscott responded:
KaceyKohl
I have had the same problem for the past 10 years, I go on one medication, and 3 months later it starts to cause problems. Cinnamon worked for about a year but then stopped. I know exercise helps me. I was only taking 40mg of Diovan and now on 10mg on Norvasc. Atenolol 25 mg. was the demon drug for over 15 years. and all the Statins are harmful and painful. I have to go holistic soon. Good luck from Canada.

billh99 replied to Ellscott's response:
Low vit D has is a cause for muscle pains. I know some doctors who test their patients for vit D levels and if low treat for that before prescribing statins and say that they have very few then that have a problem with the statins.

So you might want to get you vit D level tested.

Helpful Tips

garlic oil
I've started taking 2 "garlic oil perles" along with my regular meds (metoperol, lisinopril. nefedipine) and my pressure has dropped 25 ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center