Skip to content

Announcements

Pressures not falling in the less than 120/80 range? See our High Blood Pressure Health Center for information about symptoms and treatment.

To learn more about how lifestyle changes can help manage and prevent symptoms:

Exercise and High Blood Pressure
Healthy Diet - Salt Shockers and Dash Diet

I need input as to natural remedies for high blood pressure and high heart rate
aco11 posted:
My doc has given me 4 different types of blood pressure med and med for the high heart rate and I have had adverse reactions to them all. I need to try and get it down using natural remedies if possible. He took me off all meds.

alemanamuyera responded:
  1. Get the book by Dr. Sinatra "How to lower your blood pressure in 8 weeks."
  2. Get on a vegan diet and start exercising.
  3. Find out the cause for your hypertension. Hypertension may not be the cause but just a symptom. In that case hypertension drugs will be pretty useless.

run2bhealthy4life responded:
I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had with bp meds... the good news is there are many natural ways to lower blood pressure!

First there are the essential lifestyle changes, such as regular exercise, maintaining a healthy weight, eating properly (i.e. DASH diet), avoiding excess alcohol, getting enough sleep (and making sure you don't have sleep apnea) and not smoking.

After lifestyle changes, the primary options remaining are therapies and herbal supplements. The most effective therapies I am aware of are deep breathing (Stress Earaser, Resperate) and isometric handgrip therapy (Zona Plus- my Grandpa had good success with this). Some of the herbs with the most evidence for lowering blood pressure are CoQ10, garlic, and hawthorn.

I hope you find a solution that works for you soon- good luck!

darkntall responded:
aco11

I take swansons COQ10, grapeseed extract, vitamin E, and Cinnamon to keep my BP under control. After taking measurements with BP meds and the dietary supplements with no BP meds, my PCP decided that I didnt need to take my BP meds anymore and wrote no prescription on my last check up. I also watch what I eat and exercise at least 3 times a week.

masnpaswhocare responded:
Sorry to hear you problems. All of the advise in these postings are valid. Exercise, diet changes are all essential to regulate high blood pressure.

Since you asked, you need to do research on natural remedies on the web and find out what works best for your condition.

We know of particular natural remedie that our friends have had success with. We think it might be helpful to your condition, but you must decide for yourself.

We would like to share more; however, we are not certain that we are permitted to share our contact informaiton in posts due to the terms and conditions of being on Web MD.

Let us know your thoughts.

masandpaswhocare.

aco11 replied to run2bhealthy4life's response:
Thank you for your input and time. The CoQ10 does help.

aco11 replied to masnpaswhocare's response:
thank you for your time. I have been doing research on the web and for me adding potassium and magnesium have helped allot.

I have also changed my life style.

Helpful Tips

garlic oil
I've started taking 2 "garlic oil perles" along with my regular meds (metoperol, lisinopril. nefedipine) and my pressure has dropped 25 ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health General and Consultative Heart Care Center