Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anyone have any ideas?
JellyBn83 posted:
Hello. I hope all is well with everyone!

Well, things were going well, until last night. My part of my brain that still thinks I can eat what I used to was "incharge" and I had a soda last night on my second break (which is 10PM). I don't think that was a smart idea. I went to the bathroom a little earlier than that which was weird as well. I don't know what I would have ate to make it that dark green color and it was very hard and large. Hard I think it was becuase I didn't got the day before. Well, afterwards, I still felt that was more but nothing was happening so I "finished".

Well, after my soda with bagel, I started to feel the funk. I tried a little ginerale to settle the stomach, but that didn't seem to work. So I sucked on a mint and tried not to think of it. Kinda worked, but still felt funky, so I went to bed.

I woke up about four hours later with that feeling of true blahness! I didn't know if I was going to get sick, so I got up and went downstairs (my bathroom is downstairs). I decided to try to have my two Mylantaa (sp?) and went to lay on the couch. I have been having gas all morning, but it was making me feel much better like normal.

Well, I finally felt like I needed to go to the bathroom again. I went and again, it was large and mostly hard. It was normal color again, but still much larger than my normal. I was able to go up and lay back down and slowly fall back asleep.

Ok, what do you think??? Soda? Maybe a little bit of the fact of not going to the bathroom everyday like I normally do? My mind playing tricks on me??

Thanks of your responce. No one around me will listen to me, so this is the only place I can put my issues out there. Thanks!!

LilMissMerrySunshine responded:
I would guess, if it doesn't happen again, it probably is just your body being a little "off kilter". It happens to me, if I don't go at my normal time, or miss a day or two for some reason - which is rare, but does happen - it will be weird.

As for green, it could be something you ate. That's not abnormal.

Keep an eye on it, see how you feel over the next week or so. If nothing else weird happens, I'd chalk it up to a weird day.

I hope you are feeling better. I'm sorry I haven't been on the board much.

LMMS

Cadillacgirl47 responded:
First, Bagels and Soda, alone or together, are like poison to us people who have bowel and stomach issues. Bagels blow you up with gas and so do carbonated drinks. Drinking from straws add gas to your system. Tea (preferably green tea) or water should be your drinks of choice. Also watch sugar substitues, like Splenda, Sweet n Low, etc. Too many sugar substitutes will mess you up. I recently purchased Great Taste, No Pain by Sherry Brescia and learned how to properly combine my foods to be free of bloating, gas, diarrhea, etc. Without sounding like an infomercial, she makes complete sense. No protein with starch. Eat veggies and protein or veggies and starch, but never protein and starch. No fruit with a meal either. It causes bloating and gas. Hope you feel better really soon. Once you start eating right, you will feel so much better. You will also have more energy because your foods are digesting properly and using your food the way it is supposed to. Good luck!

GeorgetteMay replied to Cadillacgirl47's response:
Sherry Brescia has been my guardian angel! I bought the Great Taste No Pain and when I stick to the combination I feel like a normal human being. If not the bloating, gas diarrhea, green bowel movement and sometimes blood is all back. I have been on Pancreas enzyme tablets to help with digestion, gas X 3 times a day, pantoprozole for the acid reflux, singulair for the asthma and allergies, 3 different blood pressure meds it all gets very overwhelming. I have found exercise is my friend, I go to a rehab gym 3 times a week after work and if I don't go my body soon tells me I need it. I also go to a Nutritionist and Counselor every other week. I have finally stopped and said if I don't take care of myself no one else will. I was in hospital last Aug and again Feb so sick could hardly walk with pain. First they said pulled abdomen muscle from the wall they also have me on Lyrica for that. Here it is a year later and still pain I don't believe the diagnosis is correct. I am very flustered with the medical profession at the moment and wish you luck. Truly try Great Taste No Pain program it it worth the effort, it really does give relief. I have IBS, lactose intolerance and diverticulosis.

MagPrincess replied to GeorgetteMay's response:
I would say the green was probably from too much Iron> i would look at your iron intake as a possible culprit for not going daily. Too much can be very constipating and causes varying shades of green. I have this issue. I am so very sensitive to iron.

I would also look at the soda. was it diet? big issues there, and the high fructose corn syrup is a big culprit for me as well.

JellyBn83 replied to MagPrincess's response:
Thank you all for your replies! I will look into what you all say! I am ready for anything!

Now, that Great Taste, No Pain, is that a book?

I have a feeling that it may have been my period starting to affect me! I have the IUD and do not get my actual period, but I still get the PMS and sometimes cramps. Now, since my wonderful IBS, GERD, and anxiety, I have about one day that I just don't feel good. The problem is sometimes I get it at the end of the month or the beginning of the month....so it is about a two week span when it can hit me!

So, I just don't know, but thank you!

Mag, I will look into the iron. I never heard of it with the green, but I will look at what foods have a lot and see if I am eating any of those!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a "sensitive stomach", but once my daughter was born five years ago, I started having diarrhea. It gradually became 7 days...More

Helpful Tips

Squatting really help!!!
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.