Skip to content
A little update...since I've been MIA
LilMissMerrySunshine posted:
Hi everyone!

Okay, so I'm feeling better each day. I've started getting out of the house again, and I am sleeping (I was going DAYS without!). The new medication is working quite nicely. I was sleeping all day and up all night, but I am even getting myself on a more decent schedule...gradually.

I had gained 10 pounds in water-weight, inexplicably, and they finally had to put me on water pills every day. I am now on water pills every other day, which is fun, because now that I'm using a pill box, I don't pay attention, and I forget which day is "water pill day" until I start running to pee every 2 minutes! I am waiting on my appointment with my ob/gyn to have an ultrasound - in 2 weeks - to see if they can find something that is causing this. (They've tested everything via bloodwork and urine several times.) I still have a little swelling, and if I miss a water pill, which I did this week, I will start to swell back up. They do drop my bp some, but not more than I can live with.

The increase in the Cymbalta is kicking back in. I feel a little more like myself, and I am giving myself "tasks" now to re-engage. I was practically in hiding, playing mindless games on my computer all the time, and I didn't feel like part of my family, much less society. I got super depressed. But the past week has seen a remarkable improvement on that front.

I still have some tremors, but that has improved, too. I can't cook (not that I want to or ever do, but still), I can't use a knife, but I can play my piano and write somewhat legibly again.

We are getting there, one day at a time.

Hopefully I can be on here a little more now. I just felt so stupid and disconnected there for a while.

I hope all of you are doing okay!

LMMS

Renny1985 responded:
Day by day, minute by minute! Glad to see you back in "action" and feeling a bit better. I missed ya out here on WEBMD!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany and I'm 21 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia earlier in 2012 and have had back/neck alignment problems since I ...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.