Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Do I have IBS?
jrh8122 posted:
I am 22 years old and a male. I have been dealing with depression for about 2 years or more. I used to workout and stay active and eat less than what I do now. I have been so depressed this past year, I do not want to do anything. I gained about 70 pounds, and I have been eating junk food. I cant afford anything else. I have no pains except gas build up sometimes, depending on what i ate. I have been having mucus in my stool for about 6 months and i have been having different color stools like green and light colors. but other than that i have had no pain, sickness, headaches or anything. I have noticed that i have tiny seeds in my stool. they look like poppy seeds. I am assuming that my body is trying to cleanse the garbage out of my system. When i was active i had no health problems what so ever. Sometimes i am constipated sometimes its soft. and sometimes its normal.

sheba_q responded:
IBS is (or is supposed to be) a diagnosis of exclusion. They test you for everything under the sun and when they can't find anything, then you get the diagnosis of IBS.

You used to eat less and healthier than you do now, you haven't been as active as you used to be and you have depression problems. That explains a lot of your bowel problems right there. I'm betting that if you go back to your old habits that your bowels will also go back to their old habits. I know... easier said than done.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Undiagnosed digestive disorder past 18+ mo. Prescribed Bentyl, but provided no relief. Upper endoscopy revealed Barret's esophagus, prescribed Pri...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.