Skip to content
Pain associated with ibs
Missylulu1976 posted:
I was just wondering if anyone is experiencing pelvic or hip pain with their ibs?

nonnyluv responded:
I have had ibs most of my life and Im 56. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for about 15 yrs. and have taken antidepressants, muscle relaxers and 800mg motrin every day for at least 10 yrs. I have alot of hip and pelvic pain with my fibro and alot of pain and numbness especially on my left side down my left hip and leg. I would ask you to consider going to M.D. that could check you for trigger points (areas on your body that feels bruised but aren't). I have found that my ibs and fibro is worse when I get more stressed. Good luck and God bless.

MagPrincess replied to nonnyluv's response:
If this hasn't been checked out it needs to be. There are so many other organs other than the digestive track that can cause this kind of pain.

1rmouse replied to MagPrincess's response:
Hi Erin, I am so glad that you are on this site. I miss your posts and replies on the Fibro site. It's not the same without you.
I posted here because the IBS that I was DX'r years with has really taken a nasty turn with my health over the past few months. I am taking 450 billion mgs of Probotics and Hyoscyamine twice a day but am still having some IBS issues. I don't a rechack date with the Gastroligist because of the test came back IBS, period. So someone suggested I look for an onlinge IBS group just like I did last Dec with the Fibro. How odd 12 months later I'm back at it with a new group.
Anyway, I hope to see our posts here and I hope you have been well and doing well.
Again, its nice to see you again..
LInda R.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Lauren and I am 19 years old. For the past six years I have been having abdominal pain that would come and go. I went to see an Interni...More

Helpful Tips

Especially for the Newbies!
Welcome to our board! We usually end up telling everyone this, so I thought it would be nice to put it in a "tip", so it would help you in ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.