Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
IBS help.
sarahzembas posted:
My name is Sarah. I am 21 years old I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 17 years old. I never acknowledged any symptoms of IBS until a month ago when I started experiencing all the classic symptoms of IBS (pains, constipation) I stared taking a supplement to help regulate my digestive track and some days are good and some days are not. Today I had the feeling of my bows not being completely empty. So I used the bathroom with force and I noticed that my stool was almost like tar. I need advice. I do not have health insurance and I am afraid to go to the hospital for them to tell me it is because of the supplement. I would appreciate any feedback.

Sarah.

sheba_q responded:
How were you diagnosed with IBS - what testing have you had done? What are your eating habits like? Are you taking any medications for anything? What supplement did you start taking?

There aren't really "classic symptoms" for any variety of IBS - it's a catch-all name for when doctors can't figure out what's wrong with you. What symptoms do you have, other than the pain and constipation you listed?

The more we know, the more we can suggest. Don't worry about TMI (too much information) - we've heard it all here, and probably experienced most of it personally.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I have had over 10 doctors and more than 5 diagnoses.. for years t...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.