Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Slap in the Face
LilMissMerrySunshine posted:
Actually, there are two. One small, and one big.

The small one is this: My new GP is super awesome. And I mean super. The man knows more about Addison's than a lot of endocrinologists, more about meds than most pharmacists, etc. His bedside manner is a little gruff, but he's actuallly a great big teddy bear. He gets mad at other doctors for doing stupid stuff, he's not afraid to say it, and he cracks me up. But he's always been kind of reserved about GI #3. He even commented one day, when he asked me to tell his current resident my story, "and don't talk bad about any doctors." He was nice about it, but it was a little out of character. I was talking one of the office girls last time I was in there, and I found out that he refers a lot of his patients to GI doc #3. That explains why he really held back about him when he went off about so many of the other doctors I've had. But when I told the girl I still could never go back & see him, she said, "Girl, neither could I. In fact, after hearing your story, I couldn't go see him myself! That's just wrong!"

Anyway, now for the fun one. Their practice has gone bonkers or something. They changed their name and started doing commercials, and the first commercial is this "Oh we care about you as a person, come get screened for colon cancer, let us take care of you" thing that makes me want to gag anyway, and who is the MAIN doctor who smiles and is the LAST FACE YOU SEE???? GI doc #3!!! I cannot tell you the number of times I have cursed at the screen, flipped the guy off, or otherwise done something less than lady-like. I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to watch this piece of crap ad without doing something immature. Or if they will quit running the commercial first?

Is this God's way of punishing me for something?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I have had over 10 doctors and more than 5 diagnoses.. for years t...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.