Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
experimenting
renalupie1 posted:
been experimenting with different foods, trying to find a trigger. I think I found it! diet soda! I haven't had any pop in a couple weeks. Any pains I have had have been pretty mild. Drank a diet soda this morning and I am in terrible pain!

Giving up diet pop will be easy for me. Already lost the taste for it. I hope that is truly what is going on, and I will start improving.

DIYSTER responded:
Sorry to hear you're having terrible pain this morning but glad to hear that perhaps you've found a trigger item. Keep us posted and good luck, Rena!

P.S. I don't tolerate any kind of carbonated beverages well any more either. But found diet drinks to be the biggest challenge. Hmmmm....

sheba_q replied to DIYSTER's response:
The fake sugar used in 'diet' foods are horrible to a lot of people with digestive disorders. I avoid the stuff like the plague (I also happen to get horrible fake sugar aftertaste from aspartame).

renalupie1 replied to sheba_q's response:
I saw my doctor. He totally agrees the artificial sweetener could be the main trigger. Reminded me there may be more, that was just the biggest issue for me. So will continue the Bentyl, playing it safe with soluble fibers, see how I am in a couple weeks. If I am painless then to try to wean off the Bentyl and see how I am.

Sure hoping that is all there is and can get on with my life!

Thanks for the support!

Rena

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I have had over 10 doctors and more than 5 diagnoses.. for years t...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.