Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Crap Doctor
BeautifulBritny posted:
Hi, My name is Britny. I am 23. When I was 16, I self-Dx myself with IBS. I had been having signs since I was 5. Everytime I went to the ER for the pain, they would blame me for not "going" when I needed to. Saying I was full of stool.
I went to my doctor a month ago, and brought up the fact that I have a lot of stomach problems and that I think that I have IBS but never got checked for it.
He just said "Yeah it is probably what you have, it is very common, just try to stay away from trigger foods and lower your stress levels."

Has anyone else had a doctor not want to legitly dx you, or not even ask to prescribe anything?

sheba_q responded:
Doctors not wanting to do a lot of testing to try to find a needle in a haystack - typical. If you want any testing done you're going to have to push for it. The better doctors aren't going to want to prescribe much if you don't have a definite diagnosis.

Is it just constipation you have or are there other symptoms as well? Anything, even if it doesn't seem related, could point towards something. Don't worry about too much information - the more (and graphic) the better for figuring out what's going on.

BeautifulBritny replied to sheba_q's response:
I don't really have a constipation problem, I go pretty frequently...I guess I just never empty like I should.
I can't eat a lot of dairy, or red meats, I can't drink too much coffee or greasy foods without having to use the restroom urgently within the next hour.
If I get too upset or stressed out by something I almost get sick instantly.
It spiked when I was 16, and then just been back and forth since then...and then this last year was pretty bad.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I haven't exactly been the healthiest person. As soon as i was born-ear infections, that reoccured until I got tubes in my ears around age 1 or so...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.