Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Too much Probiotic
    jujulang posted:
    Can you take too much probiotic? How much is too much or is there such a thing? I'm taking one billion icu's but I noticed that PB8 has alot more than that.
    ???

CalGal37 responded:
    Jujulang, you should be taking billions - plural. PB8 is a good product. I've used it for years with no problem. The 'high power' variety (VSL#3, for instance) has many, many billion more than PB8........so no, it's not too much of a good thing.

jujulang replied to CalGal37's response:
    Just got my bottle today and will start on those soon as I finish the ones I have. On a slightly different note, I'm definitely menopausal, FSH is very high.......... I from now on am going to blame all this on menopause. Seems that's what the dr's do......" Oh, you have motility issues, hot flashes, dizziness, constipation, yellow stool, sluggish gallbladder, etc, this can all be related to menopause. Here's a sleeping pill to get you through the night sweats, good luck and let's hope it doesn't last long! " Real helpful stuff............

Spotlight: Member Stories

Undiagnosed digestive disorder past 18+ mo. Prescribed Bentyl, but provided no relief. Upper endoscopy revealed Barret's esophagus, prescribed Pri...More

Helpful Tips

ibs is a mess
    Omg, I was diagnosed with ibs. Where did it come from???? Have to find a remedy because this is not fun. Knots in the stomach, stomach on ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.