Skip to content
New here
mcgalla posted:
Hi, I'm new to this group. I usually hang out over at the Webmd Endometriosis group but lately IBS has been plaguing me. I've had diarrhea for 2 weeks now (brief history: Just went through this back in October, saw a new GI dr, said everything looked fine just a flare up of IBS and after 6 weeks of diarrhea it finally went away). Now its back, I have an appointment tomorrow with my dr. but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else suffers from diarrhea for several weeks at a time?

I haven't had many IBS in about 5 years but recently its been acting up. My biggest concern (besides not feeling well and always having to be near a bathroom) is that my husband and I are TTC so the abdominal cramping, pain, diarrhea is obviously getting in the way. I've been trying to stick to the BRAT diet, keeping hydrated and taking a probiotic but nothing seems to work. Oh and my dr had told me to just take pepto bismal when this happens but its not helping.

I would love any help or suggestions anyone might have

Thanks,
Carrie

mcgalla responded:
here is some more info if it helps- I had a sigmoidoscopy several years ago when I was first diagnosed with IBS, dr was checking for colitis. also had testing done for celiac disease. Just started seeing new GI dr (hadn't seen one in years). He tested my blood to see if there was any inflammation indicating colitis or crohns, everything came back normal.

sumyad responded:
hi,how are you?in my opinion you'd better fast(eat nothing) for 8-10 hours each day for two or three days.I'm hope you'll heal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a "sensitive stomach", but once my daughter was born five years ago, I started having diarrhea. It gradually became 7 days...More

Helpful Tips

Especially for the Newbies!
Welcome to our board! We usually end up telling everyone this, so I thought it would be nice to put it in a "tip", so it would help you in ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.