Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Gas, bloating, belching, frequent b-room trips, heartburn
An_191958 posted:
Hi all, I'm a 25 yr. old male who's had severe stomach issues for about 5 years now. I've taken a year or so break from paying visits to multiple GIs, but my symptoms continue to get worse and worse, and have been running my life -- so I wanted to post herein hopes that someone might have experienced the same symptoms and found a diagnosis/treatment that works.

Here's what I've been experiencing:

? Intense gas and bloating, particularly in the morning after waking up (as if the gas built up overnight)
? Frequent urge to have bowel movements of small amounts; constipation/leakage if I don't go to the bathroom in response to urge
? Frequent belching/urge to belch to clear chest pressure; increased urge as soon as I lie down
? Severe heartburn (have to lie down) from even a couple sips of beer (particularly dark beer), wine, or champagne -- often accompanied by itchy back

Any thoughts, tips, suggestions, potential diagnoses would be more than helpful.

Thank you!!!

sheba_q responded:
The gas and bloating are highly suggestive of a food intolerance. Have you have any food testing done? Have you tried keeping a food diary and/or do an elimination diet?

Do you have heartburn that's made worse by alcohol, or is it only alcohol that causes it? A quick check says no alcohol if you have heartburn. Belching is tied in with heartburn.

The itchy back with alcohol bothers me. It could be a sign that your body just can't handle alcohol, or it could be tied in with a gluten problem.

Are you taking meds for this or for anything else. Do you have any underlying conditions that you haven't mentioned here?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at 16 yrs old with a nervous stomache and spastic colon. I am now 73 and I still have constipation/diahrea every few weeks. I asume it...More

Helpful Tips

Especially for the Newbies!
Welcome to our board! We usually end up telling everyone this, so I thought it would be nice to put it in a "tip", so it would help you in ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.