Skip to content
New to this board
Grandmaof03 posted:
HI, this is the first time I have posted on this board...I am hoping to get some advice...

Throughout the last 7 or 8 years I have had problems with my bowels...for years I had dirreah..now though I have constipation..I have had 2 colanoscopys (sorry about the spelling) with no findings at all...I am on pain medication due to my other health issues and know that can cause constipation so I do take miralax often...but it does not help that much..I have taken regular laxitives like ducolax but that causes really bad cramping and sometimes bleeding...

I was taking "colan cleanse" daily but my daughter told me that I should not be taking that on a daily basis because it should only be taken for 14 days....

I have tried "activia" and probiotics...I have also used fiber drinks....it just seems like something works for awhile then it stops...

The other thing that kinda scares me is that sometimes there is blood...never a lot but drops of it...

I get so bloated that my stomach starts right under my boobs and sticks out like I am pregnant...It does hurt to be bloated like that...

Thank you for listening and any advice anyone can give me would be so appreciated...

Colleen

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at 16 yrs old with a nervous stomache and spastic colon. I am now 73 and I still have constipation/diahrea every few weeks. I asume it...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.