Skip to content
Maybe IBS???
jb9505 posted:
I have had a kidney infection now for two weeks and prior to that have had bowel problems, but only on the weekends. I had my gall bladder out in 2009 and that is when the diarrhea started. These past two weeks, I have had nausea, vomitting, bloating and sever stomach cramps. At first, the doctors thought I had gastroenteritis, but when I went to the hospital they told me I have a kindey infection. Since then, I took two sulfur based antibiotics that made me throw up and have the worst stomach cramps. I have stopped those and now I only have stomach cramps in the morning. I have nausea and a sever loss of appetite, but by dinner time I am fine. My doctor said it could be IBS. I am not sure I believe this, nor do I want to. I am very afraid and I hope the stomach problems go away once my infection clears up completely. Any suggestions?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a "sensitive stomach", but once my daughter was born five years ago, I started having diarrhea. It gradually became 7 days...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.