Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Suggestions...anyone?
    An_191971 posted:
    Im 24 years old and I need loose about 100 lbs but because of the IBS I can no longer eat any leafy greens (salads used to be my go to meal after the gym) and I feel like everything pretty much makes me ill...I dont even know how to go about this anymore...Suggestions and help needed. Thanks!

MissCaptainKirk responded:
    I really feel for you about the everything you eat making you sick. I am often like that, although not as much since I started a new diet. I would suggest the Insulin Resistant diet. Even if you are not insulin resistant (I am not) it has a lot of the fresh foods and whole grains that are good for IBS and also help you lose weight (I have lost 5 pounds in the past month). There are a couple things you may want to avoid such as salads but I think it would help you.
    I could email the list of foods to you if you want, don't know how to do that on this site though.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had stomach and digestive issues since I was young, but the last 5 years or so, it has gotten so much worse (I am now 49). In these last few ye...More

Helpful Tips

IBS-Reflexology...finally some relief!!!!
    hello community.. i have been struggling with episodes of IBS for 5 years. this last month i have been in terrible pain and it's been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.