Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

IBS-C- diabetes
    awillisant posted:
    Would someone please help? I have recently been diagnosed with IBS- C as a result of 2 upper endoscopy, colonscopy and several blood works. I started taking anti-depressant and noticed several side effects such as dry mouth, headaches and dizziness. As a result, I stopped taking the anti-depressant with my doctors advice. My dry mouth and frequent urination continues and I am concerned that my conditions may be a sign of diabetes. My diet always consist of fruits( before the main meal) oatmeal, vegetables, and other healthy items and very few if any bad carbohydrates. Please tell me this in my mind and not reality. Thanks! Anthony

sheba_q responded:
    Seeing as this is a recent situation, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Dry mouth and frequent urination can be caused by many things and they're not all serious. It could just be a side effect of the antidepressant that hasn't gone away yet.

If you can't give it some time then by all means ask the doctor to check your blood sugar levels - either the standing or fasting glucose test.

awillisant replied to sheba_q's response:
    Thanks! Anthony

Spotlight: Member Stories

Started being Lactose Intolerant at age 17. Become diagnosed with IBS at age 24.

Helpful Tips

ibs is a mess
    Omg, I was diagnosed with ibs. Where did it come from???? Have to find a remedy because this is not fun. Knots in the stomach, stomach on ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.