Skip to content
Always hurts.
tgirl26x posted:
I've had pain on my right side of mid-section, a few inches right of solar plex area. Have been through all kinds of tests.The doctor says everything looks normal and seems to be functioning correctly. Went to a Gasterologist. Ran more tests and an ultrasound. Dr. said everything looked normal, and diagnosed me with ibs. I felt like Dr. just called it that, because they couldn't find anything else. Pain seems worse from stress. Seems to be practically gone after good nites rest. But is constant, and usually there. Don't seem to be brought on by any particular food or drink. Can't find any relief. Can anyone share any similarities, or treatment opps.??
CalGal37 responded:
tgirl26x, the location of the pain you're describing sounds a bit like it's at the junction of the pancreatic duct and common bile duct into the duodenum. Did the docs test you for gallbladder issues? Have you tried following a low fat diet to see if it's of help? Has either of the docs suggested you try some antispasm meds such as bentyl to see if they might be of some assistance?

Are you having any bouts of diarrhea, constipation or any other symptoms?
tgirl26x replied to CalGal37's response:
Thanks for info. Yes they ran a gallbladder test, where they fill it up and wait for it to empty, to check function. They said all looked good, and functioning normal. i'll ask doc. about any pancreatic test, and the meds. you mentioned. Bowel movements seem normal. If you hear or think of any other treatments or meds. please keep in touch. thank-you, for all your help. tgirl..

Spotlight: Member Stories

Undiagnosed digestive disorder past 18+ mo. Prescribed Bentyl, but provided no relief. Upper endoscopy revealed Barret's esophagus, prescribed Pri...More

Helpful Tips

IBS-Reflexology...finally some relief!!!!
hello community.. i have been struggling with episodes of IBS for 5 years. this last month i have been in terrible pain and it's been ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.