Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
woken by pain every night
gentlequietspirit posted:
I was diagnosed with IBS about seven years ago when I was about 16. Lately I have experienced pain in my very lower abdomen that has woken me up every night. My IBS is strictly constipation so my diet is all wheat and fiber. I haven't been to a doctor in years for my ibs but I am considering it now because it just doesn't seem normal to wake up 5-6 nights a week in pain. Usually when I experience pain it is just bellow my belly button and not in my lower abdomen.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem or something I can do differently to relive this?

CalGal37 responded:
Since the pain has just started it could be from something other than IBS and should be checked out.

The area you're saying the pain is located in could be the turn from the sigmoid colon down toward the rectum. It's a spot many find is prone to discomfort when bowel habit changes are present. The pain could be due to spams, but get it checked - it's safer that way.

robynmeilijsonj replied to CalGal37's response:
Such an wonderful topic for me.
Healthe Trim

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have no idea what is wrong with me and that's the problem. I have a sluggish gallbladder, slow motility, severe digestive problems and no diagno...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.