Skip to content
I have yet to find out what i have... :[
lisalane12 posted:
I am a healthy 17 year old and my father will not take me to the doctor. I have had bowel problems since i was 14. It has recently gotten worse this January.

- I very rarely have diarrhea, I am always constipated.
- Very dark stools.
- BM once a week.
- I wake up with back pain/ tailbone pain/ gassy pain in colon.
- Very painful when trying to push out stool. Usually around pelvis.
- Painful when having sex.

I have been trying to figure what i have for years. Someone please help me figure out what i have. Please email me for further questions! Thankyou so much!

ashley1028k responded:
Hey Lisa,
I am 22 i have been suffering from ibs since i was a little girl. I have gone weeks without a bm and rarely have any now maybe once per week. i take stool softener and it makes it easier to have more frequent bm's. See if this helps if not you might want to go to a gastroenterologist and have some tests done.
Hope this helps
Ashley!!!

health_girl responded:
I think I might have IBS too...I:

- am often constipated
- get extremely bloated after eating
- look like I'm pregnant after eating
- get extremely gassy in the afternoon
- have very bad breath (and yes, I brush and floss my teeth twice daily)

I'm trying to go gluten-free but I'm finding that quite difficult. Gluten-free bread is disgusting and many of the sweets I like contain gluten, so I'm still working on it! I have been eating a lot less gluten, and already I feel better. I no longer eat cheese or drink milk. I've also started Pepogest, not sure how that's affecting me yet.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I have had over 10 doctors and more than 5 diagnoses.. for years t...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.