Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
IBS, Gluten Intolerance, Help!
A6brennan1 posted:
I have been having digestive problems since I was younger but never really paid much attention to them. In the last year I have gained 50lbs, suffered from chronic diarrhea, suffered from bloating and acid reflux. I went through the run of the mill testing from my PCP and nothing was found in blood or stool. I decided to try elimination food diet on my own and found it extremely helpful to eliminate gluten- I felt 100x better but now 8 months after the diet change, I'm experiencing the same problems again. I had an appointment with a Gastro. and she said until she gets those negative results back from my doctor, she can't do much. So, in the mean time she told me to eat Activia and take tums/mylanta...not so helpful.

Does anyone have any suggestions?!

brokenmom2 responded:
It's been awhile....have you seen your gastro yet? Was wondering how it turned out...

A6brennan1 replied to brokenmom2's response:
Yes. She requested more blood and stool testing for multiple things.... Still waiting. Thanks for wondering

everydayizagift replied to brokenmom2's response:
im not sure what post to read that explains your symptoms and your daily struggles. Can you tell me what they are or yell me what post to read. Maybe I can help you. I have over 10 years experience dealing with this sh** (literally).

SamiDee9 responded:
I have also switched to a gluten free diet, but unlike your situation I am still feeling the benefits. Stick with a gluten free lifestyle, and maybe keep a food journal and see what you have changed in your diet, to pinpoint what is triggering the problems again. It may also be a change in stress? Instead of relying on tums/mylanta, switch to papaya enzymes to get rid of acid reflex. They are natural and extremely helpful, without the side effects of tums/pepto-bismal; they taste great too! Best of wishes!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at 16 yrs old with a nervous stomache and spastic colon. I am now 73 and I still have constipation/diahrea every few weeks. I asume it...More

Helpful Tips

Especially for the Newbies!
Welcome to our board! We usually end up telling everyone this, so I thought it would be nice to put it in a "tip", so it would help you in ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.