Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Severe Anemia requiring infusion therapy
MariannaS posted:
I am currently undergoing iron infusion therapy due to severe anemia. I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer 9 years ago and had most of my colon removed. I have a lot of problems now and seem to be losing blood through polyps in small intestine and stomach. Has anyone had a similiar situation and how did their gastroenterologist handle? I take 400 mg. of Pentasa twice daily for inflammation which seems to help a bit. I have one more infusion this week. I still do not have the energy I would like to and am accustomed to.

canthandle responded:
I had Severe Anemia and I was on Iron pills for two year , never worked. I decided to eat green giant spinach, one pack every day for three months and my iron count started to go up.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had IBS symptoms for several years. I've tried numerous medications and have not had any relief. My last medication was Librax, but it stop...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.