Skip to content
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Rsherer posted:
I desperately need help for my IBS. Since my back surgery last Oct (2010) 3 day surgery, 38 screws rods, etc, my IBS has been on the rampage. Usually I keep it under control w/a salad here & there, fruit etc. & drinking some H2O. Since 2010, not 1 thing has helped. I go from horrific constipation to the runs. Can't tell what from when. Cause of the screws, it hurts horribly to sit on toilet & can't wear hard back brace. What I need is an excellent high fiber diet and/or IBS diet & just cannot find 1. I live with tears due to pain in back (sat on toilet up to 2 hrs going once (sorry). The constipation is not helped from the meds for pain but not ready to get off them just yet (2 loose screws). I go to PT so I do light exercise. Any high fiber diet and other suggestions? I also try to watch gluten cause 1 Dr. said I may also have Celiac disease. I heard that there are some meds (not Bentyl - it does not work for me) that are supposed to help. I will take any suggestions. Since I can't sit all the time, can you also email me directly pretty please. peacfulgal@roadrunner.com Many thanks to all and hope good health to everyone. ReneeTina

CalGal37 responded:
Rsherer, first thing to do is get that possibility of celiac checked out. And also find out if you cross-react to casein, the major protein in dairy. If you're positive, you can't just 'watch out' for gluten, you'll have to be completely gluten free and possibly dairy free. Both of those problems could have you swinging from diarrhea to constipation.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Undiagnosed digestive disorder past 18+ mo. Prescribed Bentyl, but provided no relief. Upper endoscopy revealed Barret's esophagus, prescribed Pri...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.