Skip to content
Amitriptyline
barbarafromtucson posted:
My doctor has prescribed this for me to deal with the cramps and such. I've been on it for 6 weeks...I don't notice anything different as far as change in bowel movements/diarrhea/etc. I have noticed that I am more 'emotional', and have moments of light-headedness/dizzyness.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week and am going to discuss this with him.

Have any of you tried this medication? Does it take more than 6 weeks of being on this medication to see its benefits?

Thanks!

calgal37 responded:
I tried the drug for awhile many years ago. Unfortunately it didn't do much for me, although I do know of others that it did help. It should kick in fairly quickly if it's going to have a beneficial effect on you. It sounds like you should consider trying something else if a change in dosage isn't warranted.

The side-effects I found were feeling lethargic and 'flattened' in emotions.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have no idea what is wrong with me and that's the problem. I have a sluggish gallbladder, slow motility, severe digestive problems and no diagno...More

Helpful Tips

Especially for the Newbies!
Welcome to our board! We usually end up telling everyone this, so I thought it would be nice to put it in a "tip", so it would help you in ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.