Skip to content
Amitriptyline
barbarafromtucson posted:
My doctor has prescribed this for me to deal with the cramps and such. I've been on it for 6 weeks...I don't notice anything different as far as change in bowel movements/diarrhea/etc. I have noticed that I am more 'emotional', and have moments of light-headedness/dizzyness.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week and am going to discuss this with him.

Have any of you tried this medication? Does it take more than 6 weeks of being on this medication to see its benefits?

Thanks!

calgal37 responded:
I tried the drug for awhile many years ago. Unfortunately it didn't do much for me, although I do know of others that it did help. It should kick in fairly quickly if it's going to have a beneficial effect on you. It sounds like you should consider trying something else if a change in dosage isn't warranted.

The side-effects I found were feeling lethargic and 'flattened' in emotions.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a "sensitive stomach", but once my daughter was born five years ago, I started having diarrhea. It gradually became 7 days...More

Helpful Tips

IBS gone after 35 years using Keybiotics!!!!
I suffered from chronic diarrhea, urgency, abdominal pain and discomfort for 35 years and tried everything under the sun.....medications, ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful