Skip to content
Diarrhea and nauseous shortly after eating.
sphillis88 posted:
regardless of what i eat, i always feel nauseous and have diarrhea about twenty minutes after eating. and when i take loperamide, i dont have a bowel movement for a few days. this has started a month or so ago. i havent changed my diet. and just a few months ago i was very regular with my bowel movements. what could this be.

barbarafromtucson responded:
None of us here will be able to diagnose you. What I would suggest is to journal--write down everytthing you're eating, the time that you eat, and when you have the diarrhea. Also note the color of the diarrhea. If there's any 'solid' pieces--notate color/shape of that as well.

Make an appointment with your doctor. Your doctor will ask what you've been eating, what symptoms you've been having--and he/she will ask you the color/shape/consistancy of your stool--the journal will really help. He will also want to know if you've done any international travel as well.

Your doctor will have you do a myriad of tests, including blood tests, stool tests, and other more intensive tests like colonoscopy, endoscopy, and others if the blood/stool tests come out negative.

So go see your doctor a.s.a.p.!

sphillis88 replied to barbarafromtucson's response:
thank you for the reply! il definately start a journal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I haven't exactly been the healthiest person. As soon as i was born-ear infections, that reoccured until I got tubes in my ears around age 1 or so...More

Helpful Tips

ibs- charcoal
have been diagnosed with ibs, it seems to effect me in the mornings everyday,with diarrhea. in the mornings i get up, have to go, then 5 ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.