Skip to content
Diarrhea and nauseous shortly after eating.
sphillis88 posted:
regardless of what i eat, i always feel nauseous and have diarrhea about twenty minutes after eating. and when i take loperamide, i dont have a bowel movement for a few days. this has started a month or so ago. i havent changed my diet. and just a few months ago i was very regular with my bowel movements. what could this be.

barbarafromtucson responded:
None of us here will be able to diagnose you. What I would suggest is to journal--write down everytthing you're eating, the time that you eat, and when you have the diarrhea. Also note the color of the diarrhea. If there's any 'solid' pieces--notate color/shape of that as well.

Make an appointment with your doctor. Your doctor will ask what you've been eating, what symptoms you've been having--and he/she will ask you the color/shape/consistancy of your stool--the journal will really help. He will also want to know if you've done any international travel as well.

Your doctor will have you do a myriad of tests, including blood tests, stool tests, and other more intensive tests like colonoscopy, endoscopy, and others if the blood/stool tests come out negative.

So go see your doctor a.s.a.p.!

sphillis88 replied to barbarafromtucson's response:
thank you for the reply! il definately start a journal.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had tummy issues and they I remember growing up watching my mother suffer through tummy and bathroom issues. Then my daughter started sh...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful