Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Possible IBS
ryllan posted:
I'm currently going through the process to rule out any female reasons for my right lower ab pain and other symptoms. Been having the pain for a year and a half and it comes and goes. dont' know yet what foods might aggrivate it, but I am stressed so have to find ways to calm down.

Not that I want to have IBS, but I hope that that is all it is. Glad to find this support group. feels lonely when you don't have anybody to talk to.

sheba_q responded:
IBS is a catch-all diagnosis when the doctor can't find anything wrong. What tests have you had done? Has any of it been digestive related testing yet?

I happened upon an article that has some decent info about IBS:

Sometimes called "spastic colon," IBS is a functional disorder of the colon that does not involve inflammation. IBS results in chronic painful spasms in the colon that produce cramping, bloating, diarrhea and constipation. Pain can move from one location to another, and can occur either occasionally or frequently. Fatty foods, milk products, chocolate, alcohol, and caffeinated and carbonated drinks can trigger symptoms. Eating small meals throughout the day may reduce symptoms.

That right sided pain makes me wonder about your gallbladder...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a "sensitive stomach", but once my daughter was born five years ago, I started having diarrhea. It gradually became 7 days...More

Helpful Tips

Squatting really help!!!
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.