Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
help my son
BRYAN19781 posted:
Hi my son is 14, for the last 6 yrs my son has had stomache pain,VERY bad constapaction, but mostly he has what i call smears in his pants, we have seen nurmrous doctors, had colanoskipe and all tests, nothing, the last dr. suggested it was in his head...any advice, he is very embarraced, and selfconcious..thanks

health_girl responded:
Most of these issues can be greatly mitigated with a good diet including lots of fiber counterbalanced with liquids (water, tea), fruits, veggies (avoid broccoli, beans, and cabbage though), and by avoiding fat and sugar. Exercise helps with constipation, as well as peppermint oil, activated charcoal tablets, gripe water (all as preventative measures) but for immediate relief, use enema.

Hope this helps. Also putting something warm on the stomach like a microwaved wet washcloth can help relieve stomach pain.

calgal37 responded:
Bryan, how bad is the constipation? Is he 'holding' his stool purposefully, or?

Are there any GI issues that run in your family? Is there any history of food intolerances? Do any foods make the situation better or worse?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at 16 yrs old with a nervous stomache and spastic colon. I am now 73 and I still have constipation/diahrea every few weeks. I asume it...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.