Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My case is a lost cause.......
JonBellew posted:
Hello all,
After almost 2 years of digestive distress I still have no answers. I have gone from GI doctor to GI doctor, Private Hospital to University Hospitals with no answers and no relief. I am a 21 year old, male, average 145 lbs (I can lose up to 25-30 lbs during flare up) my symptoms started with not being able to eat much at all without being in extreme pain or vomiting. I now with little to no warning get these "flare ups" that leave me constipated and vomiting. Anti-Nausea meds don't help, pain meds for the abdominal pain just stop me up. I have had numerous CT scans/Upper GI and Lower GI work ups and they all come back clear. It is almost like they need to scope me as soon as my symptoms occur. They refuse. Any Suggestions. I'm open to anything. I need to get back to living my life.

loribirn responded:
it sounds like severe ibs..it never gives you any warning when it is going to flare up, and it can last weeks, hours, or months...Feel better, rest when you need to

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a "sensitive stomach", but once my daughter was born five years ago, I started having diarrhea. It gradually became 7 days...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.