Skip to content
Continues pain on lower left abdomen and general bowel inflamation
MrSolis posted:
Hello; I joined this discussion to see how common my simptoms are and see if there are any idas out there on how to treat my condition(s).
Ever since I can remember I have had blouting and gastro intestinal problems(constipation,fatigue,lower back pain,blouting etc. etc) but I have managed to live witht them; however, about 4 years ago, I felt a little bit of pain on my lower left abdomen (which has grown intense and constant since)and inflamation of the entire abdomen, this was acompanied with lots of gas. My doctor had many tests done (Upper and Lower GI's, X-rays, Ultrasound, blood, urine, stool, body scans etc.) and the only thing that was found was a mild case of gastritis. About two years ago, I develped severe pain in my rectum and developed an anal fistula which was operated on and left me to this day with disconfort when sitting for more than an hour at a time.
Also in the last 2 years I have had 3 episodes of vomiting, diharrea and severe stomach pain wich was treated every time as a bacterial infection even though the test conducted did not show any infection.
Like many of you, the gas and inflamation affect my daily activities and make it difficult to interact socially.
The most severe attack came last week, I actually went to the emergency room as I thought I was going to die from it.
The pain on the left lower abdomen is severe at times even when the rest of the abdomen is not swolen; I feel pain all over it but the left lower part is always the one that hurts the most.
To this day, I have not been told that I suffer from any particular bowel problem but it is obvious that I have one.

Lastly, in the last year or so, I have noticed that I can not digest certain raw veggies such as spinach, carrots, apples and others.

I am a hispanic 47 year old male, for your reference.

I am begining to increase my fiber intake in hopes this helps.

Does any one have any suggestion/comments/questions? I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thank-you and may God bless you

taya828 responded:
ive been through similar symptoms but i was diagnosed with infections but no matter what i eat it inflams my colon

MrSolis replied to taya828's response:
Thanks for your comments; if you don't mind me asking, what kind of infections do you suffer from? my colon gets inflamed with any type of food as well, sometimes even when drinking water!
I hope some one who may have suffered from these simptoms and found a solution, would read these posts and offer some help; it is extremely difficult to live like this.

I wish you find some relief soon

God Bless you

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been sick since the Spring of 2003, which was my senior year of High School. I have had over 10 doctors and more than 5 diagnoses.. for years t...More

Helpful Tips

Especially for the Newbies!
Welcome to our board! We usually end up telling everyone this, so I thought it would be nice to put it in a "tip", so it would help you in ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.