Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
IBS
An_243342 posted:
I am trying to find answers for my dad. He has been diagnosed with IBS. I am trying to learn why his bowels start to move 3 - 4 hours after he goes to bed. Once they start, he is in the bathroom every 30 - 60 minutes until 9 or 10am. He is taking probiotics now and has been following a very strict diet for a long time now. His stools are almost normal some times, but for the most part they are slightly resembling diareah and have a bit of very bright blood. My big question is why are his bowels moving so much after he goes to sleep, more so then when he is awake during the day?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a "sensitive stomach", but once my daughter was born five years ago, I started having diarrhea. It gradually became 7 days...More

Helpful Tips

Squatting really help!!!
the medical community knows changing the angle of your colon = better bowel movements. i have recently tried a squatty potty and it has ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.