Skip to content
Does this sound like it?
buckeyemom445 posted:
My Gastro doctor said I have IBS. However, he wasn't 100% sure. 5 years ago, I had E.coli during a big outbreak of it from hamburger meat in Ohio and a few other states (i live in Ohio) And ever since then, my life hasn't been the same. When my e.coli started to get better and go away, my face started swelling up..my doctor (who thought it was the flu at first, until it got so bad i had to go to the emergency room where they did a stool sample) said that i was getting Mono? ...We researched, and that was a sign of kindey failure...well it finally went away...but here i am 5 years later, dealing with chronic constipation, horrible chronic stomach pain. Whenever I feel like I'm about to have a bowel movement, I get cramps, I sweat A TON, I get jittery, my whole body shakes because i'm in so much pain, and when I eat, i get this pain RIGHT under my rib cage. The gastro-doctor said that he thinks it could be IBS, and put me on meds, which aren't helping (i've been taking the meds for about a month and a half now), he also thinks my organs/intestines could be damaged from the horrible e.coli i had 5 years ago. Anyone think my symptoms sound like IBS, a different conditon, or damage done by e.coli? any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much. God bless you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have had IBS symptoms for several years. I've tried numerous medications and have not had any relief. My last medication was Librax, but it stop...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.