Skip to content
Opinions/Guestimation. Constant Constipation, Nausea, and Munchies!
MsDoyle0722 posted:
Hey! This is my first time posting on WebMD. I've often used this website to help myself, family, and friends with their ailments. I've now decided to turn to the forums for opinions as to what may be going on with my body. It's not something I'm worried about, as I've never brought it to the attention to any doctor other than when I was a child and my mother did.

I've been having issues with constipation my entire life. It's not that it hurts, or anything. I just don't feel the need to go. It takes maybe a week, or longer sometimes, for me to use the bathroom. And I don't release a lot, even though I feel I should have more. When I was a child, I had to use enemas and my mother would give me 'Milk of Magnesia'. HORRIBLE TASTE, but effective.

Now I recently had my Gallbladder removed in December 2011. Few months ago. It was infected with multiple gallstones. It took about two weeks before after that that I had to take liquid saline laxative. Once again, horrible taste.. but extremely effective. I was stuck to the toilet that entire day it felt.

I'm still getting regular constipation to the point where I'm getting nauseous after eating small portions, or even drinking anything. The laxatives I have aren't working anymore, really. I'm using 'Prunelax' tablets. Haven't used the saline laxative, or milk of magnesia. I'm thinking I should go back to those.. but I shudder at the taste. Ick!

**** Any idea what could be causing this 'condition' my entire life? And why it feels that it has gotten worse after my gallbladder surgery? Or perhaps it's me just associating the two together.
I was also 2months premature when I was born.. I don't know if that could be a reason or not?

ANY opinions/advice/etc would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

-MsDoyle0722

calgal37 responded:
MsDoyle, one thing you might want to consider trying is to take all dairy products out of your diet for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Some people have an issue with casein - the major protein in diary - and when that occurs one of the big side-effects can be constipation.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed at 16 yrs old with a nervous stomache and spastic colon. I am now 73 and I still have constipation/diahrea every few weeks. I asume it...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.