Skip to content
Constipation with little relief
An_243543 posted:
Hello Everyone,

I am currently seeing a couple of doctors who think I might have IBS but I am not officially diagnosed yet and I am hypothyroid (on t3 and t4)

About 2 months ago I tried to give up gluten and about 2 weeks ago I got really good at it and had none. I did this because I noticed whenever I had gluten my allergies were very bad, maybe this was a mistake.

On Monday I saw a naturalistic doctor and she put me on some vitamins and supplements (vitamin b12 and some probiotics and multi vitamins) On Tuesday I had frequent urination about every 1/2 hour to an hour and then realized I was constipated. I took exlax and it didn't help. Then I tried milk of magnesia and within a few hours I had the runs and went quite a bit. After this I stopped having to pee every hour which was great. I still feel that I have some left though... that I just can't get out and I am really at a loss of what to do. I was so urgent today that I even got a fleet enema. That caused me to go more but I still feel like there is more right there I just can't get out...

Has anyone ever experienced this? I am starting to question if anything is even there and why if there isn't am I feeling there is. I drink A LOT of water everyday but have been lacking with the fiber since being gluten free (which I stopped the past 2 days because I feel that is part of the problem.) If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

bricen05 responded:
I am on probotic's and i find my system once it was cleaned out by it did change for the good.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had tummy issues and they I remember growing up watching my mother suffer through tummy and bathroom issues. Then my daughter started sh...More

Helpful Tips

ibs- charcoal
have been diagnosed with ibs, it seems to effect me in the mornings everyday,with diarrhea. in the mornings i get up, have to go, then 5 ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.