Skip to content
I'm just slowly wasting away
An_243881 posted:
It's been over four months now (I've had this condition for almost a year and a half) that I've bee seeking treatment and I still can't get a diagnosis. I've had a colonoscopy, an EGD, and a CT scan (next up is a barium X-ray) and they still don't know what's wrong with me. I had a positive FOBT, and the lab work shows signs of anemia and malnutrion. I have very little appetite and I'm losing weight. I'm sure there must be some malabsorbtion issues too. I'm always bloated and have an excessive amount of gas and belching. It's starting to seem like just a matter of time before I just waste away to nothing. Any ideas?

calgal37 responded:
Any other symptoms that you haven't mentioned? Any rashes? 'Brain-fog?' Changes in bowel habits? Have you been tested for food intolerances or celiac disease? Any GI issues run in your family?

xaf208 replied to calgal37's response:
Hi. Thanks for your response. No, no skin rashes or "brain fog" (whatever that is). Changes in bowel habits yes, but no diarrhea or constipation issues. The GI doc did mention checking for celiac prior to the EGD, but if he biopsied for it he didn't tell me the results, and there we no blood tests done. And no, no family history of GI problems. My primary symptoms are abdominal pain, gas, bloating, excessive belching, loss of appetite and unintentional weight loss (hey, my ribs are poking through, is that bad?) Anyway, thanks for your help!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Undiagnosed digestive disorder past 18+ mo. Prescribed Bentyl, but provided no relief. Upper endoscopy revealed Barret's esophagus, prescribed Pri...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.