Skip to content
Need help with a diet.
An_244108 posted:
I currently have been diagnosed with IBS. I have severe Acid Reflux. I have Rosacea and I am Hypoglycemic. I am having a hard time finding things that I can eat that don't affect One or More of these conditions. I have had a colonoscopy...and endoscopy. I take Libirax for IBS and 2 Prilosec a day to reflux. I am uncomfortable or in PAIN after I eat most everything. I am Lactose intolerant to top it off. Can anyone give me any direction other than keeping a food log?

scart091 responded:
High fiber is a good place to go for IBS. I am not so sure about hhow it will affect your other conditions as I only suffer from IBS. You should avoid caffeine and alcohol as much as possible they make it worse. Limit fats and chocolate. Obviously you already avoid milk but that is another.

Good foods include:
whole grain breads and cereals
fruits-apricots, blackberries, cocomut, dates, figs, kiwi, peaches, pears, pineapple, prunes etc
nuts-almonds, pistachios, and walnuts
vegetables-brussel sprouts, corn, broccoli, and parsley
beans and lentils

Source: Health Advisor-Irritable Bowel Syndrome (something my doctor gave me)

Hope you find some relief!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had tummy issues and they I remember growing up watching my mother suffer through tummy and bathroom issues. Then my daughter started sh...More

Helpful Tips

ibs- charcoal
have been diagnosed with ibs, it seems to effect me in the mornings everyday,with diarrhea. in the mornings i get up, have to go, then 5 ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.