Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is there something wrong with me?
An_244483 posted:
I've been having trouble with pooping and I'm very unsure as of what's wrong. Two days ago, my poop was red and then I didn't poop for a day, and today it was black. And the water gets slightly red but it separates. I don't have any pain or anything, so I have no idea what's wrong with me. I do have a hemorrhoid however, but it's pretty minor..

calgal37 responded:
Despite having no pain, if your fecal material is going from red to black, you need to check with your doc and talk to him/her about what's might be going on. The hemorrhoid could cause the reddish color, but the black (unless you took or ate something that could impart that color?) is not usual and should be investigated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Carrie. I've had IBS for over 10 years, I also have Endometriosis and was diagnosed with it almost 3 years ago. Trying to manage th...More

Helpful Tips

IBS problems
I have had this same problem since I had my gall bladder removed about 18 years ago. Recently it has gotten worse. Anything with artificial ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.