Skip to content
IBS attack - what to do
novasioux posted:
I ate pizza on Saturday night, followed by some gluten free cornbread that I made on Sunday morning. I also had red wine and salad on Saturday night. Anyway -- I started cramping at about 2pm yesterday, then was projectile vomiting by about 7 pm. A friend came over and gave me some pain meds; but it's an opiate and I guess it can cause constipation. I am still cramping and can barely move. I just took another pain med since it's the only thing that's helping.

I wonder if I have an intestinal blockage.... Should I take some fiber or more magnesium? Or will that make my symptoms worse? I had some tea with soy milk this morning and had intense cramping afterward....
Yesterday after I took magnesium, I vomited. But since then, I've had some more and haven't vomited.

Any ideas for what to do? I realize maybe I shouldn't take the pain meds, but I can't handle the pain.

calgal37 responded:
I'm curious.............you had GF bread on Sunday. Are you following a GF diet? If so, was the pizza GF?

Anyone else around you suffering from any form of intestinal 'bug?' Here on the West coast there seems to be some kind in intestinal malady that's currently going around. Diarrhea and vomiting are two of the things that many are currently experiencing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I haven't exactly been the healthiest person. As soon as i was born-ear infections, that reoccured until I got tubes in my ears around age 1 or so...More

Helpful Tips

Especially for the Newbies!
Welcome to our board! We usually end up telling everyone this, so I thought it would be nice to put it in a "tip", so it would help you in ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 73 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.