Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ibs constipation
An_244556 posted:
This is too much info, I know, but I am at a loss! I have IBS with constipation and have had it for 11 years. In the beginning I would have hard bowels which made it hard to go to the bathroom. Since changing up my diet and drinking more water, over the past few years I very rarely have a problem with my stool being hard but yet I am still unable to get it out. It gets stuck in the rectum and I just can not push it out for days! It's very uncomfortable. Does anyone else have this problem or have any idea why? PLEASE HELP ME!

boonjies responded:
Yes I did too. I drink lots of water anyways, but it does not seem to help. Stool softners were a joke. I had tried everything, its an aweful feeling when you cannot go. I watch what I eat, I exercise more vegetables in my diet and everyday take Natures Secret, its a colon cleanser but it works for me.

GAJulia responded:
Yes, I have this problem, too. After a bout with an anal fissure, my gastroenterologist put me on Polyethylene Glycol, an RX laxative. I still have occasional episodes of constipation, but also have problems fully expelling stool. I can feel it move to a certain point and then nothing! It can take a day or two for what I feel internally to come on out. And when it does, sometimes it's in increments, not the full load. So it may take several days to get rid of that feeling that something is in there. Because something IS in there!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have no idea what is wrong with me and that's the problem. I have a sluggish gallbladder, slow motility, severe digestive problems and no diagno...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.