Skip to content
IBS-C supplements? Food?
ashybug11 posted:
I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 17 (I am now 20), but have had symptoms since birth. They come and go and are constantly changing so it's hard to manage, but the one thing that is stable is the it is mainly IBS with constipation, not diarrhea (for that I am grateful...sometimes).

Anyway, I have problems with dairy in any form (large amounts leads me to the ER!), anything acidic, fatty, some fruits... I get heart burn from a freaking peanut butter sandwich.

I have read in some places that I need MORE fiber, like whole wheat, but in other places it says to stay away from that and eat french bread and sourdough.

I would also like to start taking a supplement, because I often feel malnourished and bloated and constipated. I'm thinking a fiber supplement but I don't want to get "addicted" to it.

Suggestions? Where do I go from here? I used to just deal with the symptoms but they're making me miserable and I feel like a fat pig from all the bloating and am embarrassed in public. I LOVE to cook, but am feeling limited on that as well. White flour? Sugar? Butter?

Any help would be great. What works for you???

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Lauren and I am 19 years old. For the past six years I have been having abdominal pain that would come and go. I went to see an Interni...More

Helpful Tips

ibs- charcoal
have been diagnosed with ibs, it seems to effect me in the mornings everyday,with diarrhea. in the mornings i get up, have to go, then 5 ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.