Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
EXTREME bloating. Gastroenterologist/endoscopy says I'm fine though!
TKTheKid posted:
Hi everyone,

I've been dealing with this for a while now and it just keeps getting worse. My bloating is very, very extreme. How extreme? Well I am by no means fat, but due to my terrible bloating I have to wear pants with a size 33 or usually 34 waist even though my waist is actually only 29 or 30 inches minus the bloating. I'm 5'9" and about 180 pounds so 3-5 inches of bloating is rather severe, no?

While I'm happy that the following is true, it's still very, very frustrating: I had an endoscopy done and nothing was found and my gastroenterologist and another doctor both said I wasn't allergic to any foods either.

I'm really confused. It is never painful though, so that's a very good thing. I do pass gas a lot though. But in general, it just feels like there's an inflated balloon in my stomach! My belly really juts out!

I try to eat somewhat healthy but I do eat BS foods too. For example, I love to eat almonds, sandwiches on whole wheat bread and apples, but I do still eat pizza and fast food from time to time. Although my diet doesn't seem to matter too much. I feel bloated all the same either way. I really don't eat vegetables at all however the almonds and apples do give me a lot of fiber right?

Might I be deficient in a certain vitamin? I really need help since the doctors say I'm apparently fine!

Thank you all!

calgal37 responded:
TK, have you tried any exclusion diets of your own to see if they take down the bloating? Tests aren't 100 percent perfect. You'd be surprised at what they miss.

Donjua responded:
I have the same problem and I am so tired of feeling fat all the time...

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Carrie. I've had IBS for over 10 years, I also have Endometriosis and was diagnosed with it almost 3 years ago. Trying to manage th...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.