Skip to content
Help!
Jay30002 posted:
Hey guys I need help! Ok so about 4 weeks ago I wake up in the morning my stomach doesnt feel right I have a massive diarrhea attack, and my stomach has not been right since. When I lay down on my stomach at night when I wake up in the AM it feels compressed and gurgles alot I almost immediately go to the bathroom. Bowels are normally small and loose, that is the only time I have been going during the day, everyday. I have had an appetite loss,I eat but I dont have cravings, the appetite is very low, and obviously I get bloated when I eat and sometimes dont eat. I forgot to mention around week 2 I started to get dull pains in the upper left hand side right below the rib cage every now and then also.

So I go to the doctor, he gives me dycylomien( sorry for the spelling) it gets a little better, and also Nexium. Well I started taking both and it has not 100% gone away. Things have improved but not gone away. The one thing that is stressing me out is the appetite has not come back yet. I have high anxiety so thats really freaking me out. My doc told me that if the symptoms continue to call back today and he wants to do an endoscopy to see more of what could be causing it. The funny thing is the nexium has 95% elimated that pain and for the most part when I lay on my stomach that feeling has gone away also, but sometimes it comes back. I am curious if it depends on what I eat. Im so lost and getting worried. Has anyone else ever had symptoms like this!? I have to mention no blood in stools, the ones that I have, no weight loss, no vomiting, only got nauseous once. ANy advice will help.

Thanks!

saxlady responded:
I have had "IBS" for at least 20 years now and I am still sometimes sick because of it. I have had symptoms like yours as well. Nexium can also cause/aggravate diarrhea. I needed acid reducers too, but had to use less potent ones (pepcid AC) because they did not cause the side effects Nexium did for me. Some foods were a problem with me, so I used an elimination diet to identify some of them. That was after the 1st endoscopy. Have had 3 of those and 2 colonoscopies. All "normal". Saw an herbalist. She gave me an herbal formula that helps calm the digestive tract and restore the mucus membrane. It helps a bit. Follow up with your Dr, get the tests done to rule out anything else! If they diagnose you with IBS you will have a lot of work to do keeping track of what you eat, how you feel. Stress is a big component!! Exercise is key for me. I try to do some at least 5 times of a week. Recently I went away to visit my kids/grandkids and now I am sick again. The stress of the airplane trip, eating out a lot at places that may not have understood my food allergies, and lack of exercise put me on the couch again! This time no pain but the spasms, gas, bloating are so bad, I feel terrible. My gut feels like a giant water ballon. Heat (a rice bag warmed) also helps me some, relaxes my gut. Camomile tea is good too. With time, rest, and my regular diet I should improve again. Try not to worry too much. IBS is different for each person, and even changes at times in each individual. This is the kind of condition you really have to do your homework, study your body, keep a journal and figure out what sets you off. Try also to see if gluten/dairy could be culprits. Most of all, be grateful. Take deep breaths and find things to be thankful for. If it is IBS at least it is not cancer or Crohns! Praying for you! Go back and see your Doctor for a definitive diagnosis!

Jay30002 replied to saxlady's response:
Well Chrons or cancer still has not been ruled out yet, I still have not had a CT scan yet but I want to get one. The anxiety I get is the worst part! My doc does not think its anything really serious but YES I would like to rule anything serious out. The pain is still there sometimes though like everything has not gone away. I think the nexium dulls the pain but its not getting rid of it 100%, Sometimes it even moves to my left side. I am going to try to get the ball moving so I can figure out what the hell is going on haha.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Carrie. I've had IBS for over 10 years, I also have Endometriosis and was diagnosed with it almost 3 years ago. Trying to manage th...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.