Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Periodic vomiting with Lupus (husband, not me)
LadyGrayse posted:
Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone on here can help me. My husband was diagnosed with Lupus last year (after about 10 years of aching off & on, plus a host of other symptoms). Anyway, he's been having bouts of constipation (to the point of having a colonoscopy, which showed a lovely, healthy colon). Anyway, finally got the constipation under control, but something else is happening now: there are nights when he's up most of the night throwing up (no constipation & hasn't eaten anything particularly spicy). It gets to the point that there's nothing left to come up other than mucus & bile. Could this be caused by the lupus or could there be something else causing it? Also, he was diagnosed several years ago with both GERD & IBS. He refuses to go see a doctor & I'm about at my wits' end. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Started being Lactose Intolerant at age 17. Become diagnosed with IBS at age 24.

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.