Skip to content
My yours?
jlrhodes11 posted:
I am a 31 year old woman, who has had "episodes" since my teens. Every month or so, I will get cramping, an urgent need to go the bathroom, excessive diarrhea, burning pain in my stomach, sweating, shallow breathing and I look very pale. After about 10 minutes, when I am through going...I feel better.
About 2 years ago, I had an episode that contained blood. I went to the hospital. Subsequently had a colonoscopy and was told I had a bout of ischemic colitis. Since then, I have had about 10 episodes without blood and I just would like to know what it is.
I have done research and have been tested without an answer. If this sounds familiar to anyone, please let me know what you have found out. Thanks
jlrhodes11 responded:
oh also nausea.
smann68 responded:
Hi. I am a 44 yr old woman and I have those same symptoms sometimes. I used to stay constipated all of the time, now I go from constipation to having one of those "episodes". I have talked to my gastro about it, but have not had any luck finding out why or what to do. I have had several colonoscopies and they never find anything wrong. Hopefully someone who knows what this is will respond.
calgal37 responded:
Jirhodes11, how was the ischemic colitis treated? It is possible to have on-going bouts of the same issue if blood pressure changes occur or if small clots continue to occur. Do you make sure that you're well-hydrated? Do you have any unusual clotting issues? Could any meds you're taking contribute to clot formation? What else have you been tested for? The symptoms you're describing could unfortunately cover a number of other conditions.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had tummy issues and they I remember growing up watching my mother suffer through tummy and bathroom issues. Then my daughter started sh...More

Helpful Tips

ibs is a mess
Omg, I was diagnosed with ibs. Where did it come from???? Have to find a remedy because this is not fun. Knots in the stomach, stomach on ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.