Skip to content
IBS
Tinaw posted:
I have had bowel accidents because of my IBS and was wondering why and what if anything I could do am I alone in this it is keeping me locked in my home. TinaW

smann68 responded:
I have this problem sometimes too. I'm still working on preventing the problem from happening at all, but in the meantime I use panty liners if I need to go out. Have you discussed this with your gastro dr.?

Have you tried miralax? sometimes adding more fiber can help (even though it seems like it would make it worse). Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm still working on it.

calgal37 responded:
Tinaw, you're not alone with the problem. Many face the same issue. What testing have you had done? What have you tried that worked or didn't work? Have you tried food elimination diets to rule food groups in or out? You'd be surprised at how many cases are not IBS but are actually due to food intolerances/allergies.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I haven't exactly been the healthiest person. As soon as i was born-ear infections, that reoccured until I got tubes in my ears around age 1 or so...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.