Skip to content
Wow! There are medications for IBS?!
44Carol posted:
Golly! My doctor NEVER said anything about medication! do you mean fiber? Nah. doesn't work. Nothing works. I have horrible constipation and bloating then horrible diarrhea. I am always asked --What did you eat? - Right it is always my fault! I had gall bladder surgery 9 weeks ago. Guess what one of the side effect is--extreme diarrhea!!! Nobody told me! You have to wonder --did the doctor even read my chart? I am having attacks and accidents alllll the time. If I have to drive my son to school I fill up on 12 anti-diarrhea pills. It stops the diarrhea after a few trips to the bathroom. I have made him late because they didn't work and I had to run into a fast food restaurant to go! I carry a bag with clean underwear, sox, pants and bags for everything. I have thrown out so much underwear! I need to put some air freshener in the bag. Is this anyway to live? chained to the toilet? I am so tired of this "condition". I have to stop. thanks for letting me vent. Oh yeah, I am fat. I should be thin! the way I eat I should be a stick!! Why not?

cdavidso12 responded:
My doctor prescribed Bentyl which helps with stomach spasms, but I would not recommend it for someone suffering from constipation (it is one of the side effects sine it stops your GI muscles from moving).

westcoastgirl responded:
I understand...and I carry an "emergency kit" too....and all forms of excercise outside the home is now out for me. I am doing the Heather IBS diet I found online. I posted a discussion on it. I quit all meds for this....dexalant (for reflux) and dicyclomine for cramping. 3wks and I'm finding some relief....

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had tummy issues and they I remember growing up watching my mother suffer through tummy and bathroom issues. Then my daughter started sh...More

Helpful Tips

25 year ild new to ibs
There us a ibs newsletter at www.help@helpforibs.com . Heather who run the web site has some very good idea's. I was not getting any ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 28 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.