Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
IBS PROBLEMS* HELP PLEASE?
JulieWest91 posted:
Hi everbody, i decided to post on here to see if anyone has similar issue as i have and what are somethings that help them. Well i have had IBS constipation for as long as i can remeber. I am now 21 yrs old and still have issues with my stomach. I take miralax everynight ( 1cap full to 1cap full and 1/2 ) everynight i never miss. This makes it so i can go to the bathroom if i need to. My issue that i am having is i cant seem to go on a daily basis or get regulated . When i finally am able to go its not very much... I find myself having HORRIBLE stomach aches every 1-2 times every 1-2 months... and its almost like when it happens it all comes out then and leaves me with horrible stomach aches and cramping.. I have to admit i HATE drinking water... but as of today i am trying to drink 3 bottles of water a day because i heard this might help me? But i am not sure why i take miralax and its not regulating me? isnt that what its suppose to do? I just feel like i cant do much ( vacations or anything like that ) bc i never know when mys stomach is going to act up...because when it does the pain is horrible and i have to keep going to bathroom. I dont understand why it all decides to happen all at once every month or so and why it cant just be regulated and go everyday? that would probably fix my issue ... is there any medicines to help do that? or is it my diet? or not drinking enough water?

Help please!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Lauren and I am 19 years old. For the past six years I have been having abdominal pain that would come and go. I went to see an Interni...More

Helpful Tips

How I am controlling IBS
I recently retired from my job, and for some reason my IBS was out of control. Every two weeks I was down for 3 - 6 days. (Possibly due to ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.